During the process of migrating a large Joomla site from 1.0 to 1.5 I ran into a problem. As usual with any sites with user editable content, I had steered away from using a WYSIWYG editor (I’ve yet to find one that actually works!) and have used Textile to format the content.
However, some serious Googling did not reveal a plugin for Joomla 1.5 to render the content. The original “mos Textile” mambot has disappeared and “rok Textile” does not work on 1.5
So I have lashed together a Joomla 1.5 plugin which will render textile markup correctly (including SmartyPants extensions).
- I’ve called the plugin jTextile
- It’s a BETA release
- There is no documentation
- There are no configuration options
- It works on the content only
- It is based on the work of others, thanks to their efforts
- It can be downloaded from here
If there is any interest from out there, I’ll extend and support the plugin. Feel free to post comments or questions in this blog.